CHMI Radar Department - Professional Activities
Radar Department operates CHMI Weather Radar Network including data processing,
archiving, meteorological and hydrological applications of radar data.
Radar Department activities include :
- development of algorithms and software for processing and visualisation of radar data,
development of new radar products
- calculation of radar precipitation estimates for hydrology needs and for verification of
NWP precipitation forecast, development of optimal
radar precipitation product and combination with rain-gauge measurements
- radar data distribution for meteorological forecast offices and external users
(Army of Czech Republic, Air Traffic Control, Czech TV, ...)
- weather radar data international exchage
- participation in national and international research projects
- education in weather radar data interpretation at
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University,Prague and
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno.
CHMI Radar Department publications are summarized here.